Friday, March 4, 2016

Circle Of Noose Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

I use to say Circle of Noose is an experimentation of disturb and obsessive fascination, a corrupt ritual of musical soundscapes inspired by unmasked feelings and the ugliness inside the being, so musically it follows the way this thought leads, it’s in an artistic level, a shotgun aiming subjection to blow away heads, so far C.o.N have a lot of stuff released… To implement C.o.N has been active since ending of 2014, when I started with some recording experiments and tests, but only in the ending of 2015 the best results were released!

2.How would you describe the musical sound of the project and also how does the stuff you do with this group differ from the other projects that you are a part of?

Soundscapes of disturbing thoughts, visions, katharsis, and an invisible wall of terror closing in and fascination by the morbid itself!!! To be honest, I myself haven’t label C.o.N, people say it is Experimental Black Metal, so let it be whatever they want in their insane fucked up minds, but it is hard for me to describe, as for the second part of question, yeah, it differs a lot, I play drums or guitar in some black metal/old school black metal/black doom projects, and we share thoughts to create something, even when you create a riff, the drums may not sound like you had on your mind, and there’s also stuff like lyrics and etcetera… musically C.o.N is very far away from what I was used to write and compose, I put myself out from my comfort zone, so to speak, if you take a listen to Eschatological Gnosis, there are a lot of backgrounds and aesthetics… lyrics as well are very different coz’ they follow a different approach… 

3.Since December you have released a great amount of material, do you feel you put a great amount of time and effort into this musical project?

Actually, I don’t feel so, I mean of course I spend some time doing this, but is something very natural to me, it’s total fucking katharsis flowing like blood in my veins, I think that is what it is about, not only C.o.N, but all my efforts with projects or bands… actually I put a great amount of time writing lyrics and thinking about the concept, I’m becoming obsessed with this shit! Most of the time I compose the songs based on the lyrics and the feelings, expressions the words can bear…

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored with this project so far?

In the beginning I used ancient and occult archetypes in order to spread the face of darkness and nothingness, Lucifer being a great symbol of power, wisdom and keeper of the endless firmament of darkness, or the cosmic blackness, aiming with harsh philosophy to crown death and spread negativism over mankind, after that I moved into misanthropic aggressive mood, and keep going toward the limits of dubious taste in order to make metaphors, and instigate the subjection, abuse, rape, humiliation, sexual atrocities, disbelief, fear, hate, the emptiness of modern life, hopeless, death… the point is nothing is so clear, you have to read between the lines…   

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Circle Of Noose'?

Me and my demons in formation, like a circle idolizing death and all scars life brings, it is a spectral gallows ready to threat the existence, expose all the failures and then just hang, I think that’s pretty much it!


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare it to working with other musicians?

As I’ve said before, being C.o,N everything differs from all musical efforts, I can say I have full liberty to do whatever I want to, in terms of write lyrics and music, so I can go whatever I want to and walk free among many backgrounds, only to please myself as a musician… it is really a real solitary work, on the other hand I use to have good times on rehearsal with other bands and projects, drink a lot, have nice and productive conversation with my comrades, or just talk bullshit… work with other musicians is good if you have some affinity with the person in question, otherwise I don’t enjoy so much play with someone just because he/she knows to play some fucking instrument!   

7.With your other musical projects you keep everything away from Metal Archives or bandcamp, but with Circle Of Noose you can find a metal archives and bandcamp page, can you tell us a little bit more about it?

Metal archives? I heard about, I don’t pay much attention to metal archives anyway, Circle of Noose have no “public” here in Brazil, feedback here is almost zero, it was a way and choice I had to reflect and go forward it, the stark difference is what C.o.N is… I mean this voice is so impatient and anxious, I just can’t stand still with this shit burning my soul, spirit, consciousness, mind whatever the name you want to give, with all releases available on labels’ bancamp, I did the official myself, other projects you make reference to, follow into necrounderground abysmal streams, dive deeper into the abyss to find their stuff…

8.You have a split coming out with 'Beyond Life', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?

I use to enjoy the insanity Beyond Life has put out on their stuff, especially the first demos and Blackened Skies, they are really disturbing, this split is a total experimentation, it is disturbing, paranoid, malicious and chilling, give a shot if you are into grey soundscapes of insanity, harsh and majestic riffs, atmospheric and psychedelia!

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your solo project by fans of black metal?

Not so good, but at least not so bad! Divulgation still very slow into this immense sea of bands and projects, Some good reviews, label support, personal feedback reported to me, enough to keep the project being open to public and not personal as some projects I have! But I feel like a lot of people don’t understand the concept I think, especially The Circle of Obsession, coz’ have sampler of rape act, and call to hospital audio and a lot of bizarre lyrics and sounds, such as Stench of putrid mouth… forced kiss, abused cherub, under scab… I received a personal feedback (e-mail) from a girl that claimed that I was “a perverted and weirdo with tendencies of psychopath motherfucker…” maybe the excessive titles with rape and abuse, and woman screaming sampler? I don’t know, but, that was by far the best and coolest feedback I had reported to me, I can say she haven’t got the point of the whole thing, you can understand only what you are able to, with subjection, but at least she react, C.o.N is not a cool black metal project to listen to, it is not beauty post fashion, don’t follow trendwaves, just instinct, it is malice towards mind and soul! Stay away if you are some kind of politically correct hypocrite hipster black metaller and go fuck yourself!! NO HUMAN RIGHTS HERE!!!  

10.Where do you see this project heading into musically during the future?

As long as I keep writing lyrics inspired by my visions and sensations about this world, life and death I’ll keep reflecting this on the songwriting, and so C.o.N will be alive, but, is kinda hard to say when you are always trying to evolve and see, and have perception of live and death as a constant metamorphosis of enlightment, so I just can say I’ll keep writing music as long as I feel like doing this!  

11.What are some of the musical influences you bring into this project that you are not able to do with the other ones?

Explore the deep dark dungeons of my own abstractors? I think so! clear vocals, avant-garde methods, weird vocalizations, try all experimental visions I have, not so experimental/original sometimes indeed, but running away from the conventional, atmospheric aesthetics, soft music… or darker and heavy as my essence can be sometimes, Most of the time I listen to traditional black metal, it’s my primordial background, all I know start with black metal, but I decide to explore this abyss and paradise I have within me, and found methods to my death kult I haven’t experience before, this is what C.o.N is about most of time, sometimes it is only darkness of nothingness devouring me, and I like it!!!

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks again for your support and interest , really appreciate your effort, the obscure label Cvlminis records released three C.o.N acts, Spreading Anti Human Propaganda II, The Circle of Obsession and Eschatological Gnosis, strictly limited edition, Depressive Illusion Records have all C.o.N stuffs Available including C.o.N newest effort Rapist of Souls, go ahead and order with them if you have interest, or check out C.o.N bandcamp: https://circleofnoose.bandcamp.com/
Stay Dark!!! Praised be the DeathKult!!!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment