Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Lauxnos Interview


1. For those that have never heard of you, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Hello, yes, a little background to start! Before the start of my new project Lauxnos I worked in my project Emptiness Soul since 2010. In a musical style of this project I tried to adhere to such direction as depressive black metal. Emptiness Soul during its active lifetime has released 6 albums, these releases can be found worldwide. But unfortunately the project has outlived its usefulness. All of the ideas that I wanted to express in the creative of Emptiness Soul have been stated by 2014. Exhausting depressing attempts of my soul I reconsidered a lot in my life. It is the rebirth of thoughts pushed me to create new musical projects with more deeper meaning, with more well recorded material. Thus was born the idea for a new project, which became Lauxnos!

2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?

In late 2013 when the idea about running Lauxnos was a rough entry on a piece of paper I loved spending time at improvisational playing guitar, playing different came to mind and pleasing to the ear pieces of melodies both acoustic and congested sounding. Previously, when composing new material I wrote down his notes in a notebook or well-known program Guitar Pro and then when there was a desire recorded track. With Lauxnos happened everything is different, no wonder I mentioned my passion for improvisation! This project has no notes and tablature, I at all desire to re-performing the songs can't do it without their selection of music process. Sound of the songs performed until 2015 it is the result of the one-time recording the album and subsequent mixing tracks with favorite sound for me at the moment, with no desire to look for something new. New music works of this project are also being created through improvisation, with the exception of some tracks that I would like to keep as notes for future repetition. To the sound of my new compositions I began to take more seriously, in search of sound for guitars now take a much longer time, my vocal abilities are developing, the experience of mixing and mastering after creating every track is also improved!

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with the music?

The project Lauxnos in lyrics I discussed the subject of travel, self-knowledge and knowledge of the mysteries of the universe - all this is concentrated in the stories associated with the ocean! In the first works of the project focuses on the history of man which left the earth and people, in one word - everything, and went to meet the horizon, to meet his fate that awaits him amid the waters of the boundless ocean. Each new album is another news about the fate of the protagonist. Ideas for every new album I get it from my same story of "My Dead Ocean", on which work will soon be completed and all the events which happened with the main character you will learn not only of songs.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Lauxnos'?

The meaning of the word "Lauxnos" comes from the ancient Prussian language and translated as "dawn", "stars", "moon". The question arises - how the moon and stars associated with the sea? The answer is very simple. For centuries sailors used the stars as a guide in the endless waters, and the moon illuminated the night with its light.

5. With this musical project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare working solo to a working with a full band?

I work alone for a long time - not only in this project. I had to work in complete groups such as KabalaH, Goat Testicles, Hyperborean Frost, Epitaph Of Life, Nakrahal, Die Scherben Der Seele. My role in these projects varied, I played bass guitar and electric guitar, but mostly I was engaged in music writing, recording, mixing. This year I finally left all these groups. I simply got tired of the inaction of people in these groups. No one wants to work knowing that I can all - from music writing and recording to the search of the label to implement it. The only positive thing that I learned from the complete group, so is the opportunity to perform on stage. So I can safely say that working alone I convenient and comfortable! Maybe I will revive one of their projects if there are willing to develop musicians.

6. Can you tell us a little bit about 'No Life Records'?

This is my humble label. Creating it I wanted to combine the functionality of a few things - music releases which favourite for me, the publication of printed books and web-zines, recording / mixing / mastering songs. All this slowly I manage. Also with me cooperate other much higher level labels, for example Nihil Art Music, Dark East Productions, Satanath Records, Metallic Media.

7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of post black metal?

No answer to this question because a large amount of direct feedback from people from all over the world difficult to trace... Of course with the release of the EP "Horizon" and full-length CD "My Dead Ocean" I received a number of reviews from different magazines and web portals, which are quite highly praised the work of Lauxnos. I is certainly nice, but the music I write primarily for my fun and my soul. But if any listener listening to my music will feel what I have invested in these notes, this will let me know that not in vain were the efforts at entry and implementation material!

8. What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part of?

Except Lauxnos I work with a few more solo projects:: Emptiness Soul (2010-2014), K.M., The Happiness Cage (2013-2015), Six Realms Of Existence (Ex-Reincarnation), Frost Flame, Post Traumatic Syndrome (2012-2013). Some of them ceased operations. From 2015 I decided to sharpen its focus only on 3 projects: Lauxnos, K.M., Six Realms Of Existence, also his first and last album in 2016 will released the project Frost Flame. Then will begin work on new albums of Lauxnos and K.M.

9. Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

Difficult question for me, so far especially as I don't like to plan, life is unpredictable. This can be called more desire or something like a dream. I would like to get to revive some of the projects and go on tour, play live. And, of course,  I hope that in the future I will even more improve the sound of my music!

10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

The music I listen to completely different, don't get hung up on the style! All music from Neoclassic / Dark Electro / Ebm and to various metal styles, especially black metal gets me to the player or the optical disk. Only disgusting for me music styles are all end on "core" and accordingly all directions of popularized music. At the moment I listen to 2 bands from my collection: Disolvo Animus and Erhabenheit. Love periodically to re-listen previously tagged me and favourite works from groups.

11. Does Occultism or Paganism play any role in your music?

In Lauxnos music - no / no, I draw inspiration from various philosophical aspects, which for me is very important or similar to my thoughts and worldview. The basis of the thoughts gleaned me is hidden in esoteric literature, stories and novels, for example in the stories of Carlos Castaneda which I deeply respected. But my project Frost Flame was inspired by paganism theme, project based as slavonic black metal. I Russian man, a Slav, and I never reach the stranger and false faith of the Christians - it is alien to me. Paganism, native belief, in my blood, it's my roots, which I sing in the songs of the project Frost Flame!

12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Finally I would like to say that the music required to people in different periods of his life - she gave him sorrow in a moment of weakness and give the charge of strength and anger at the right time! To your portal I wanted to wish a more high quality groups and their dark creations!

Translite: Dunkle

Bandcamp
Facebook
Homepage
VKontakte

No comments:

Post a Comment