Friday, May 24, 2013

Incipit Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Hola. I'm S.O. the owner of INCIPIT. Well, I'm going to release a 9 track album this winter, and if it is not in winter, it would be later in this year.

2.How would you describe the musical sound of the newer recording and how it differs from past efforts?
It's a more worked sound. I record in my home, my computer it isn't very good, so I have problems all the time, but I try to release the best sound.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
The lyrics are about life, pessimism, but there is a little bit of light if you read well. Some sites say that all the lyrics have something about politics, and that's not true. My songs do NOT talk about politics exept a few, but is true that INCIPIT is an anti-facist and anti-NSBM project.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
INCIPIT means "the begining of something". It also comes from Gorgoroth's "Incipit Satan" that is a band I really like, specially the first 3 albums.

5.Currently there is only 1 member in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you choose to remain solo?
I toke this project as something personal, and it's going to stay like that. I have a 'live' band, BENEVIOLENCIA.
6.Currently you are signed to Cvlminis can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
It's a russian sub-label. The owner is the same guy from Rigorism Productions. They send my some copies of my demos and they own the rest. 33 in total.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
I have received good and bad messages, from different places, South America in general, and also from Germany, Russia, Spain,
8.What is going on with the other musical project these days?
My other proyect is BENEVIOLENCIA, we are going to start playing live this month, and we may record a demo. It's a new band, so there is not very much to talk
9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
My idea in the future is to innovate, to make something new, with the base of black metal and the big influence of crust and punk in general

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I am listening to very different music, rock and post-rock, punk, crust, hardcore, heavy/death/black/ metal, grind, jazz, some electronic music, ambient, drone and stuff. All of the music I hear I take it as a influence.

11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I study classical guitar, which is my main interest
12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for the interview and for the support, thanks for the reviews. Suerte con tu blog y Saludos!

https://www.facebook.com/incipit.arg
http://incipitarg.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment