Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mortis Mutilati Interview


1.      Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?

I created Mortis Mutilati on March 2011 after writing a few songs that I recorded thereafter on a little demo limited to 50 hand numbered copies. After having recording the whole album – I think between March and May 2011 – Naturmacht Productions produced it on pro tape edition.

2.      How would you describe your musical sound?

I tried to do something musically elegant keeping a rather dirty sound which better relfect the hateful aspect of the music.

3.      What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

Mortis Mutilati is based on hate, murder and suicide. Each text is a personnel settling of scores.

4.      I know that the band name is a greek term for a curse tablet, what was that interested you about this name to name a project after that?

I always been fascinated by torture. Mortis Mutilati means “death by mutilation“ which is a particulary painful kind of torture praticed in China. I was not reffering tot he greek curse tablet when I choose that name form y project.
                                                                                               
5.      Currently there is only one member in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you choose to remain solo?

Mortis Mutilati is a personal one man band so I will ALWAYS be the only official member. If some musicians have to play in Mortis Mutilati, they’ll only be session musician and they know it.

6.      The new release came out on cassette,  what  is your opinions on that classic format and do you prefer to the modern formats such as mp3,  rar  or  zip's?

Yeah I love the tape format. It has a charm for me. Mp3, zip etc are easy to share the music but you can’t have the pleasure to get the object on you hands, you can’t look at the artwork etc… That’s too bad.

7.      On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your new album by fans of black metal and dark ambient?

I’m glad because the feedbacks were all quiet good. Of course it’s not perfect but I get some goods feed back. Hope that it will be even more better fort he forthcoming album.

8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
           
            I just returned from the Moonreich tour which consisted of 5 shows in France. Our new EP Curse
            Them
is now out on mp3 format. I’m writing songs with Septentrion and we are searching for gigs.
            I’ll tack back the recording with Procession Of Death during May/June with my friend Spont (hails!!)
            Our project was on stand by since one year because of Spont’s studies.

9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
I just finished writing the second album and I think it will be quiet different from Sombre Neurasthénie. In fact it will be more depressive but more energetic at the same time.


10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

            I had been very influenced by Burzum (I mean the Filosofem album) and some band as Sterbend or Nyktalgia. Nowadays, I’m a great fan of Austere but at the moment, I mainly listen to Raw BM bands as Taake, Ad Hominem, Voqkrre, Marduk etc etc

11. How would you describe your views on Occultism and Paganism?

Paganism and occultism have nothing to do with Mortis Mutilati.

12. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?

            I read a lot. My favorites writers are Stephen King and Edgar A. Poe. I also use to drink  red wine and beer while listening Black n Rolls bands with some good musician friends.

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

            Thanks for the interview! Of you want more informations or order demos, contact me at contact.mortismutilati@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment